[time-nuts] Godwin corollary (was Remotely read power meters)

Morris Odell vilgotch at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 1 10:17:19 UTC 2011

> Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Remotely read power meters
>

> This is OT for time-nuts.  Should we start another list for things like
> this?
>  nuts-overflow?  nuts-OT?
************

I would like to propose a corollary to Godwin's Law* for technical
discussion groups. I have observed that every electronics technical group I
have ever belonged to (and are lots) eventually ends up discussing power
distribution! This one is perhaps atypical in that the topic of RCDs has not
come up yet but I'm sure if we wait long enough it will. It used to bug me
but now with very cheap bandwidth I just sit back and wait for the
discussion to get back to boatanchors, radio, oscilloscopes, test gear,
audio, microprocessors, time nuttery or whatever. It does degrade the S/N
ratio a bit though - I wonder if there's a "noise-nuts" out there to discuss
it on....

:-)

Morris

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law