[time-nuts] Any thoughts on best rubidium?

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sun Jul 10 23:37:06 UTC 2011

I'm looking to get a rubidium source to use as a reference for a spectrum
analyser, frequency counter or similar test equipment. All these need a 10 MHz
input.

I've looked on eBay and found a few that seem to be in plentiful supply

* EFRATOM 10MHZ LPRO-101
* FE-5680A
* SLCR-101
* Efratom 10MHZ Rubidium FREQUENCY Standard FRS-C

Is there any reason to chose one over another for the application I have?

Is there any seller to avoid or you can suggest is particularly good? I want to
import this to the UK, but are not bothered where it comes from, as long as the
seller is reliable.

Dave