[time-nuts] z3801 - holdover and recovery issue

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Mon Jul 11 14:57:12 UTC 2011

Ron wrote:

>Colleagues,
>
>My Z3801 has developed a peculiar problem over the last few weeks.
>
>The problem is that it seems to oscillate between "gps-lock" and
>"holdover".  When I checked further it seems to be oscillating
>between, locked, recovery, and holdover, mostly staying in recovery
>and holdover.

Have you tried substituting another antenna and cable (even just a
short cable with the antenna indoors)?  This looks like what I'd
expect a 3801 to do if its antenna or antenna connection were
intermittent.  While you have it disconnected, check that the 3801 is
putting antenna power on the coax.

Best regards,

Charles