[time-nuts] Worst possible error on a rubidium

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 02:20:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Jose Camara <camaraq1 at quantacorp.com> wrote:
>        This is a very interesting question, same as "if someone can't
> afford a GPSDO, Cesium or other time-nutty contraption, but buys a
> second-hand, uncalibrated Rubidium as his primary timebase, how accurate
> would it be"?

I think that is actually an interesting question.  Kind of like asking
the spec's on the cheapest wrist watch sold at Wallmart.  Is that $5
watch really usable?"   Had

For years I was even cheaper and used a square can TTL oscillator
salvaged from some dead computer part as my primary reference.  and
for most uses even the 100PPM can was over kill

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California