[time-nuts] MIT RADIATION LABORATORY SERIES 1940-1945 (28 VOLS) on eBay

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 14 04:32:19 UTC 2011

On 7/13/11 12:13 PM, Chuck Harris wrote:
> I can conceive of a case where a publisher like McGraw-Hill's
> copyrighted book
> full of public domain IP could be copied if you used your own type font,
> and
> formatting of pages, pictures and text, etc...

This is precisely the case with West Publishing and various and sundry
law books.

Where West has a hook (aside from having good search engines and cross
referencing) is that citations in cases and pleadings, etc., use the
West system for page/line and so forth.   The codes are perfectly free
to copy, but if you don't arrange exactly as West does, then the cites
don't match up.