[time-nuts] The future of UTC

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Fri Jul 15 13:06:40 UTC 2011

Hi Poul-Henning,

Nice article.  One thing stands out to me, though:  How do you
propose knowing 20 years in advance the schedule of leap seconds?

Or, are you proposing that we just collect all seconds that may
occur in 20 years, and dump them into a single correction, one that
may be multi-second?

I notice that this subject seems to make you a little grumpier than
the Poul-Henning I am used to.  I hope I am not treading on ground
you feel already is too well covered.

-Chuck Harris