[time-nuts] The future of UTC

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:56:27 UTC 2011

As long as you are going to re-educate everyone on Earth to use your
new system why not at the same time convert to metric time?   The unit
of time should be the "day" (with length averaged over say, 1,000
years).  But for most uses people would think in terms of "milli-days"
or "mD".

I hinted at the problem with any big change when I said "re-educate
everyone on Earth".  I think we are stuck with what we have.

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 9:28 AM, David VanHorn
<D.VanHorn at elec-solutions.com> wrote:

> I agree on DST, I was very disappointed when Indiana joined the lemmings.
>
> I'd take it one more step, and eliminate time zones.  Everyone operates on UTC(x)  So you get to work at 2100, and work till 0500.. I know my mom is up till 0700.
> No matter where you are, you know what time it is, and no more silliness.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California