[time-nuts] Advice on NTP server needed

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Jun 13 21:23:28 UTC 2011

Hi

The Net4501 servers I've made up have been very reliable boxes. They are low
power and simple to run. If you put an OCXO in them, their accuracy is as
good as it gets with NTP. The clock multiplier chip wiring can be a bit
exciting, that's the only crazy part.

Cost wise, an Atom based machine / surplus PC would be similar. It won't be
as accurate or as low power. It might do more stuff for you. A lot depends
on exactly what you are doing.

Bob