[time-nuts] Lyttleton Time Ball completly collapsed

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 00:43:08 UTC 2011

I have seen no pictures of the current site but the quakes have downed
several more buildings and many more are now added to the list of those that
will need to be demolished. It will become a ghost town if this continues to
happen. People are sick of the shocks and more are leaving as they are
scared of living here. Many were injured and two are still in hospital with
serious injuries. Existing delays in repair payments from the Government are
causing considerable grief and anger with the people here and this is likely
to add to it. New Zealanders have paid a national insurance scheme for
earthquake coverage for decades and that should be available but it seems to
not be forthcoming in any reasonable timeframe unfortunately. The mob is
getting their pitchforks sharpened and torches ready; Gerry Brownley,
Minister for EQC, had better beware!

Steve