[time-nuts] DPC Latency

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jun 18 15:26:13 UTC 2011

> Hi
>
> My concern would be a really bad driver that spikes into the 1,000's of
> us every so often. Every once in a great while there could be a
> collision. That would really drive you crazy trying to find it.
>
> Bob

Indeed, Bob.  On a critical system, it might be best to establish a
baseline for DPC when you first install the OS, and then note any changes
as extra devices are installed.  You would be unlucky to find a bad driver
in the base OS install, although it's possible.

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email:  david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk