[time-nuts] Bob Pease

David VanHorn D.VanHorn at elec-solutions.com
Mon Jun 20 23:20:17 UTC 2011

A good friend of mine is a huge Bob Pease fan and also a devout non-wearer of seat belts.  He's already used-up one of his nine lives on an accident where he wasn't belted-in.

Hopefully this unfortunate reminder will cause him to change his mind about belt use.

Buckle up!  Wear your seat belts!  PLEASE!

At the risk of being OT, I'll add my experience as a first responder.  It was VERY easy to tell who was and was not belted when we arrived.  The unbelted victims had much worse injuries in general, high speed impact with windshield etc, and occasionally were ejected.  The interesting thing about being ejected is that you get ejected generally into the path of the vehicle.  Unless you get very lucky.

I went through a 55mph collision with a telephone pole in my explorer with only a seat belt (no bags on that model/year)  I had only a belt bruise.
The impact was severe enough that my front plate bonded itself to the phone pole, and had to be peeled off after we towed the truck.
Black ice sucks.