[time-nuts] Transformer design.

Will Matney xformer at citynet.net
Mon Jun 27 19:30:43 UTC 2011

Brooke,

I have several units made by ESI that I use for this, and one is the big
3-piece rack unit that contains the bridge, and the two suppies with the
detectors, one a mirror galvenometer. I also have one of their 4-1/2 digit
LCR meters for the bench, and three smaller units, two digital, and one
analog 250BE. It seems like you can sneeze sometimes, and change the
reading, just by the leads placement, when trying to do some exact
measurements. The test leads have a lot to do with it, in and how they're
made. I noticed some of the new Asian made Kelvin leads using two plain
wires to each clip, and I can see headaches trying to use them. All mine
use shielded, twisted-wire leads, and you still have to watch on them. I
use a panel mounted fixture for all small work, where there is no lead
length to worry about.

Best,

Will