[time-nuts] Transformers

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 27 20:28:02 UTC 2011

At the risk of incurring John's wrath ......:-))
The trouble with the so-called green switch-mode "transformers" is they
pollute !! .............the radio spectrum!! We still have LF BC services in
Europe and an LF amateur band.The noise floor has risen by nearly 20dB in
the past 10 years, due to badly designed equipment, and/or badly policed EMC
regs. Iron core transformers didn't give these problems. It also affects
many radio clock syncs from MSF on 60kHz (there I managed to get an on-topic
comment in :-))  )

Alan G3NYK