[time-nuts] Atomic Clock on a chip, only $1500

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 17:55:44 UTC 2011

Hi Doc,

the CSAC GPSDO is still about 2x the price of Fury. The CSAC Oscillator as
a component is priced at $1500 from Symmetricom. This is comparable to the
Fury  with accessories.

The Fury has better short term stability, and better phase noise. It is
designed for base-station applications where a loss of GPS signals is not
typical.

The CSAC GPSDO has lower power, much faster warmup, lower height, and works
 both in mobile and stationary environments. It is designed for portable
applications such as man-pack radios and airborne platforms. It has five
isolated frequency outputs.

The CSAC GPSDO will maintain phase and frequency accuracy better than the
Fury during long holdovers (more than 24 hours).

It really depends on your requirements, both units offer specific
advantages to different applications.

hope that helps,
Said

In a message dated 6/30/2011 09:36:40 Pacific Daylight Time,