[time-nuts] Lightsquared goes Global...

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Thu Jun 30 18:05:33 UTC 2011

	They already did, some time ago, at least for much of their engineering.
I spent six years with them (and I'm told I did good to last that long),
so I speak from (bitter) experience.

	--They used to make much of their own avionics for flight controls and
instrumentation. No more. They sold off their entire electronics division
to British Aerospace back around 2000.

	--They used to make their own PC boards. Nope. Got dumped around the
same time.

	--Wing engineering and design has been done in Russia since around 1999,
at least.

	There are probably stacks of other examples which I've either missed or
don't know about, but I will say this much: I think their ultimate plans
have always been to move the rest of manufacturing offshore. The NLRB
thing is merely one symptom of a much larger disease, one which started
(no surprise) just about the same time as McDonnell-Douglas bought Boeing
with Boeing's money.

	I was laid off at the end of 2002, along with a stack of other folks.
Honestly, I have NO regrets.

	I'll let it go at this since this is, obviously, off-topic for TimeNuts.

	Happy clocking.

On 30-Jun-11 at 10:50 J. Forster wrote:

>The NLRB / Boeing decision was an obscenity. If it stands, Boeing will
>move offshore in due time.
>
>YMMV,
>
>-John
>
>=============
>

>> Mark my words, it will be down to who has the deepest pockets, and the
>> best
>> representation from the lobyist's, in how this goes. The congress is
>> ignorant to technical issues, and they will force the FCC to follow
>along.
>> It will go down that it was "for the greater good", or something
similar.

>> Boeing pulled something similar to this, by building a plant in S.C.,
for
>> the 787, in order to get even with the union, as it was proven, and
the
>> NLRB ruled against them, but right now, over the money invested,
Congress
>> is about to step in over the NLRB ruling, for the union, and this type
of
>> thing happens all the time. Build it up first, and force them to use
it,
>> or
>> force it through, over the large sums of money already invested.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Will

>> On 6/30/2011 at 6:32 PM Rob Kimberley wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.gpsworld.com/gnss-system/lightsquared-goes-global-glonass-ga
lile
>>>-may-be-risk-too-11822?utm_source=GPS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GNS
S-De