[time-nuts] HP-5335A Fail Code

Gordon Batey gpbatey at wildblue.net
Mon Mar 14 23:52:52 UTC 2011

Greetings to the Time Nuts List

I have a HP-5335A counter that has worked well for me for several years.
Now when turning it on I get a Fail 4.6 readout on the display.

The manual indicates that a 4.6 fail code indicates

"MRD Counter problem in Reg-E or T"

I found in the manual that you should run diagnostic 9 and 10 for this
condition.

Test 9 returns many changing 4 decimal place numbers 10.abcd , 12.defg ,
14.xqrg  etc.

Test 10 returns many changing one decimal place numbers ie 15.9 , 16.1 ,
16.4 , 15.8  etc

Any thoughts or recommendations on pining down the cause and solution for
this
condition would be appreciated.

Thanks,  Gordon  WA4FJC
gpbatey at wildblue dot net