[time-nuts] CSAC GPSDO

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 14:03:04 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

fyi, this morning we announced the brand new CSAC GPSDO by Jackson  Labs
Technologies and Symmetricom.

_http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?Feed=BW&Date=20110315&ID=13
141583&Symbol=US:SYMM_
(http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?Feed=BW&Date=20110315&ID=13141583&Symbol=US:SYMM)

It is software compatible to our FireFly units, but has a couple  of unique
features:

   * Extremely low aging, thermal-, and  g-sensitivity (about 10x better
than a typical DOCXO)
   * less than 2us drift per day during holdover
   * less than 2 minute warmup to spec
   * less than 1W power consumption (CMOS output option)
   * built-in distribution amplifier for 10MHz, and 5MHz  outputs
   * Phase Noise cleanup filter
   * 8V to 36V power supply for 12V or 24V vehicles
   * Can be operated and controlled from USB port or RS-232  port
   * GPSCon compatible
   * 0.5 inch component height, <0.7 inches overall  height

It will be a bit more expensive than legacy GPSDO's in the beginning  as
production ramps up, but pricing should come down later.

bye,
Said