[time-nuts] Equipment question: OCXO versus GPSDO + XTAL

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Fri Mar 18 02:30:39 UTC 2011

Personally, I would get both.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: time-nuts-bounces at febo.com [mailto:time-nuts-bounces at febo.com] On
Behalf Of J. L. Trantham
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:24 PM
To: 'Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement'
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Equipment question: OCXO versus GPSDO + XTAL

Depends on what you want.  Stability or accuracy?  Bench or portable?  The
TBolt or another GPSDO will certainly be accurate.  Probably fairly stable
as well.  However, if you need portability, the OCXO is the only way to go.
You will have to look at the stability measurements of the OCXO versus the
GPSDO to choose that one.

Joe