[time-nuts] BYMLBI (Back Yard Medium LBI)

Tijd Dingen tijddingen at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 14:53:12 UTC 2011

How about Planetized Back Yard (*) Medium LBI? If you, the measurement
enthusiast, have decent gps hardware + see yourself as 1 point in the LBI + have
good timestamps for your measurement + a decent protocol to combine them I would
say "Radio astronomy for fun & profit!". Mostly fun in this case! Combine your
local datapoints + gps derived datestamps (and estimate of uncertainty) with
those of fellow enthusiasts around the planet. Certainly looks like fun, and it
might even be useful. ;)

(*) Scale in a "back yard" concepts is a relative thing after all...