[time-nuts] HG 414A Rubidium

Greg Broburg semiflex at comcast.net
Fri Mar 25 15:20:44 UTC 2011

Yeah, I would be one of the bidders for this little toy
ifn it was available for purchase here.

I think that someone needs to take up the flag to begin
a group project to scratch design a home buildable
reciprocal counter. The project would teach a lot and
would result in quite a few folks on this site acquiring
significantly improved counting performance. Something
on the order of a 53181A would be very nice. The finished
module would be made of a processor, an FPGA,
and some peripheral bits. The manual for the 5345A
exposes quite a bit of theory and some this circuitry
might be directly adaptable to an FPGA.

I have been watching Scottys Spectrum Analyzer Group
for years and this SA / VGA is becoming an amazing
piece of equipment based on small (or not so small)
contributions of many of the participants.

Any thoughts?

Greg