[time-nuts] Parts Selection

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 18:03:25 UTC 2011

My first answer would be heck no. Enough trouble with 16 pin chips.
BUT now you have set the bait. A cesium standard.
That would grab my attention. So indeed if there were not a time limit, I
would invest in a very small tip iron and the correct solder. I have come to
the conclusion also that the tips Greg suggests can work. I simply have
equipment thats to large. (Funny I stayed clear of that hair size solder at
the Flea markets) This will be resolved I hope at the first MIT flea or
heaven forbid really ordering new.
Second those days of soldering might be non-coffee days. :-)
I have done some crazy stuff if the price to value ratio is correct.
Regards
Paul