[time-nuts] Parts Selection

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 25 19:58:10 UTC 2011

On Mar 25, 2011, at 11:26 AM, "Bob Camp" <lists at rtty.us> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Any part of the home is fine.
>
> All I'm trying to rule out is "take it to work and have them do it" and
> "take it to work and build it with their gear". Those might be unreasonable
> constraints. There may be places that are fine with you using their reflow
> oven and solder screen gear to make home projects. If so - sorry for ruling
> somebody with a kind employer out.
>
> Bob

Indeed.. I got spoiled when I worked at a place with a mill & lathe just outside my office door, along with people who were willing to show you how to do some stuff, and leave you to wreak your damage on you own project.

Otoh, they didn't have VNAs and hydrogen maser references to work with, either.

I want a renaissance era patron!!!! Prince Ludivico, where are you? And I want a shop full of assistants to work off my whiteboard sketches.