[time-nuts] Rubidium physical package size

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 30 22:45:42 UTC 2011

Fellow time-nuts,

As I have opened up my HG414A/CH1-78 I have been amazed by a number of
things. Among those the size of the physical package. It has the size of
100x100x230 mm and has triple layers of my-metal shielding. The
synthesizer and discriminator frame is of significant higher
build-quality than any of the rubidiums I've seen. It looks like, for my
untrained eye, like this is at least military grade, possibly sat grade
electronics. It's the 230 V PSU which looks like more commercial grade.

But the size of the physical package is huge. At least three times that
of my R&S rubidium physical package.

What have people seen elsewhere?

Oh, this box isn't using philis or pozidrive screws, only flat screw
drivers on the bench right now...

Cheers,
Magnus