[time-nuts] Tbolt LCD Monitor - No DAC reading

shalimr9 at gmail.com shalimr9 at gmail.com
Thu May 12 10:46:56 UTC 2011

The DAC voltage routine is the worst hack I have ever come up with (that was a close call....)

The processor is an 8051 and the SDCC compiler I used does not have the floating point math library, so I had to decode the DAC voltage "by hand" and it is quite possible that the routine breaks down for some DAC values which I did not encounter here (I have 3 TBolts).

I would be surprised if any bug could have survived the stringent 5 minutes of testing I subjected this project to but who knows... :)

I will look at it. I also have a version of the code compiled with a different compiler (Keil) to try if someone wants to, but I doubt the problem is with the compiler.

For those who have seen the wiki page for the GPSMon project, there is a new firmware version which can display local time (compensates for GPS offset, time zone and DST). However, the DAC routine is unchanged.

Didier KO4BB