[time-nuts] basic question on GPS satellites

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon May 16 15:13:48 UTC 2011

Another way to go is to move the GPS receiver so that it is close to
the antenna, then use a long RS232 serial cable.  Or if the distance
is more than 100 feet uses a balanced type of serieal.  You can use
Cat-5 cable for this and there ar enough pairs in cat-5 so that you
can send DC power on the same cable.   This is cheap than a log coax
cable and there is even less cable loss.

--
=====
Chris Albertson