[time-nuts] Results parts selection + commercial assembly poll?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon May 16 16:46:03 UTC 2011

Hi

The issue that killed it was at least one member objecting quite strenuously
to the bandwidth used.

The counter project was the initial spark that started it all, but the
objective of the polls was more general. You can indeed build a piece of
hardware and then tell it what it is after it's built. The one you have
might be a general purpose counter, the one somebody else has might be
something totally different.

With modern parts, design isn't to hard, the big constraint on it is
construction techniques. Most of the cheap / neat stuff you would use is
tough to put on a board. There's no use in starting a design effort and
ruling out all the likely solutions after it's started.

Bob