[time-nuts] Softpal VLF software

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Thu May 19 21:07:04 UTC 2011

Hi Paul et al. I recommend from my cross-training:
http://www.radiosky.com/skypipeishere.html
for cost effective data acquisition.
Don

paul swed
> That is interesting indeed. I am interested in wwvb propagation also. But
> my
> interest has no commercial value at all. I do plan to re-look at some of
> the
> alternate suggestions.
> Though at the moment I am using the cheap DATQ software and reader $29 to
> log 3 channels of data. (It has 4 cnls)
> I feed the phase comp out from 2 X HP 117 and 1 X Tracor 599 VLF rcvrs to
> the DACQ encoder and watch the strip chart 1" per hour on a laptop.
> Logging
> to the internal disk.
> Still getting used to how you drive it all and the info is exportable to a
> number of formats like excel.
> About the only conclusion I really have now is. Boy does the ionosphere
> jump
> around. But then thats been known since the 1930s.
> Regards
> Paul
> WB8TSL
>

> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Murray Greenman
> <Murray.Greenman at rakon.com>wrote:
>
>> I've recently been in touch with Kit, the developer of Softpal (lives in
>> Dunedin, New Zealand). He took some effort to locate.
>>
>> The software is commercial, and runs on a Labchart (commercial
>> instrumentation) package which you also have to buy, and that's the
>> expensive bit.
>>
>> The software does indeed do as he claims, and we have had some useful
>> discussions. Like you guys, I'd love to try it out!
>>
>> I'm trying to negotiate a shared development for use with a conventional
>> Windows platform. Kit is interested in doing this, but don't hold your
>> breath!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Murray Greenman ZL1BPU

"Neither the voice of authority nor the weight of reason and argument are
as significant as experiment, for thence comes quiet to the mind."
R. Bacon
"If you don't know what it is, don't poke it."
Ghost in the Shell

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLP
17850 Six Mile Road