[time-nuts] Strange temperature peak

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri May 27 20:00:01 UTC 2011

I have seen it, as a matter of fact two days ago I did see a straight jump
in excess of 1 C. I have seen it before. I do not monitor constantly, but
will  keep an eye out.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 5/27/2011 3:19:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dibene at usa.net writes:

On  5/27/2011 8:59 PM, francesco messineo wrote:
> since the plot has a step  jump, seems only a few tens mC, and then it
> comes slowly back to the  "normal" track, I'd rule out at least an
> external temperature change:  the thunderbolt can easily detect an hand
> in its proximity even for a  few seconds, but I don't remember ever
> seen a step change.
>  Could be a firmware/sensor/communication error, but I'm not able to
>  explain why it comes back to normal slowly (but I'm sure there's a
>  firmware reason for that).
Frank,

thanks. I can  obviously rule out a hand or a body in proximity of the
GPSDO,
as when that  happened I was alone in the house and moreover the door was
locked.

I  would tend to consider it some sort of glitch either in the firmware or
in  the
temperature sensor. I would be curious to know if somebody else has  ever
observed
in his Thunderbolt a similar phenomenon.

73   Alberto   I2PHD