[time-nuts] Fwd: QL-E0pfx7I3.pdf

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Nov 1 01:19:03 UTC 2011

On 10/31/2011 04:57 PM, Peter Bell wrote:
> Thank you Gerald - it does look very similar - the only obvious
> difference is that the FE-5680A has an LM2941 subregulator on the lamp
> supply that does not appear to be in the 5650 - hopefully I won't have
> to remove the lamp, since it sounds (and looks) like a rather fiddly
> job.  On both these units, the photocell signal is good if you put the
> working Rb absorption cell into them, so I think the lamps are
> probably OK.
>
> I tired reheating the absorption cell to get the Rb back into the
> nipple, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference - still no
> lock...

What's your

Lamp intensity
Harmonic strength
2nd Harmonic strength

If you have lamp intensity but no harmonic, then you can have
misalignment between the physics package and your oscillator. Tuning the
oscillator may help, but it could just as well be that the temperature
of the cells are off.

Cheers,
Magnus