[time-nuts] PicPlot GPIB to RS-232

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Mon Nov 14 17:13:04 UTC 2011

I think this GPIB to RS232 is great if you only have one unit to talk to. I
have designed a similar interface with the ATMEL 89C52 but the drive
strength was enough only for one GPIB unit. With two or more units there
was problems to drive the bus with such a load. It is imperative to use the
correct bus drivers to have a complete interface (DS75160, DS75161 and
others) . The old VIC20/C64 GPIB interface had bus drivers (SN75160A,
SN75161A).