[time-nuts] RS 232 to GPIB update on IOtech 488 series

shalimr9 at gmail.com shalimr9 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 02:04:29 UTC 2011

I have 3 such boxes. Two are BlackBoxes (one was just the converter, which I converted into a controller by copying the EPROM from the other box, the hardware otherwise being identical) and one is the IOTech.

When they were marketted, the IOTech was about twice the price of the BB.

They work very well and are among the easiest to write software for, on a par with the Prologix. They need an external supply.

The Prologix are significantly faster though and of course, smaller, available new, reasonably priced and very well supported.

Didier KO4BB

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless thingy while I do other things...