[time-nuts] The GPS velocity of light versus neutrinos

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 00:27:21 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Alan Melia <alan.melia at btinternet.com> wrote:

> You can't measure anything with out perturturbing it in some way, even
> slightly....then there is the Uncertainly Principle ....if they measure the
> speed how do they know where they were.

OK, So assume an unlikely huge position uncertainly of one meter.    On top of
that let's assume the surveyor got it wrong too and missed by a full
meter.    Both of these added together can only account for about 10%
of what they saw.   Light moves across one meter in about 3nS   You
need to explain 60nS  If the result is because of uncertainty in the
location then the we are talking about 20 meters of position error.
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California