[time-nuts] The GPS velocity of light versus neutrinos

Javier Serrano javier.serrano.pareja at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 18:28:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Bob Camp <lists at rtty.us> wrote:

>> in the first paper, the distance uncertainty was given as 20cm
>

> Of which the survey likely contributed next to nothing and stuff like earth tides contributed the majority of the error ….

See http://operaweb.lngs.infn.it/Opera/publicnotes/note132.pdf
I think most of the uncertainty came from the non-GPS survey. They had
to stop traffic in the highway (OPERA is in a cavern at an exit of the
highway inside of a tunnel) but they could only close one lane. So
bureaucracy is a more plausible answer :)

Javier