[time-nuts] Clocking a PIC16F628A from a Rubidium Standard

Stephen Farthing squirrox at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:41:24 UTC 2011

Greetings all,

I have an Efratom 101 frequency standard with a 10 MHz TTL otput. I want to
use this to clock a PIC 16F628A so I can make a frequency counter with a
resolution of 1 Hz. I am going to use the design by EI9GQ here
http://homepage.eircom.net/~ei9gq/counter.html . What I need to know is how
i should go about electronically interfacing the TTL output from the
rubidium standard so that it can clock the PIC. Has anyone on the list
actually done this successfully?

Thanks in advance,

Steve G0XAR

--
It is vain to do with more that which can be done with less.....William of
Occam

Christmas has become a marketing gimmick....any relationship between it and
the celebration of charity, good will, peace to all mankind and the birth
of Jesus are entirely co-incidental and I find this incredibly sad!