[time-nuts] Clock Correction Algorithm

Kevin Rosenberg kevin at rosenberg.net
Thu Nov 24 18:55:24 UTC 2011

On Nov 24, 2011, at 9:35 AM, Miguel Gonçalves wrote:
> The software way is probably the best idea as it would account for small differences in different oscillators. I have 3 Arduino boards and will make 3 time displays.

For precision timing with a microcontroller, I've been using
the 10 MHz from either a TBolt or PRS10 to be the external clock
rather than compensating for the frequency offset of a crystal.

The disadvantage of this is you need either a GPSDO or a Rb nearby,
or cabling to your frequency reference limiting its placement and
mobility.

Kevin