[time-nuts] Symmetricom TimeSource 2700

Kevin Rosenberg kevin at rosenberg.net
Thu Nov 24 22:38:19 UTC 2011

On Nov 24, 2011, at 2:43 PM, Charles P. Steinmetz wrote:
> I just did this, and the TS2700 has been silent for 30 minutes (it has not had an Alarm or Event since its last power cycle, about 6 months ago, according to its log).  I did not want to disturb it by creating an Alarm or Event.  However, I tested the terminal emulator by switching the COM port to a TBolt, and confirmed that the TBolt is very chatty.  So:  I conclude that the TS2700 sends time and date information to the Craft output only as parameters in Alarm and Event messages, not as independent events (at least not more frequently than once in 1/2 hour).

Thanks for the report on that, Charles.

I use the Craft connector for monitoring with BTMon rather than the RS-232 port.
It appears the Craft output, while spontaneously emitting alarm/events, does respond
to queries from BTMon on the Craft input.

Do you happen to have a RS-422/485 interface? I don't, but I'm interested to see
if any spontaneous output occurs on the TOD port.

Best,

Kevin