[time-nuts] Low noise power supplies - dont' use Electrolytics

Steve . iteration69 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 06:38:48 UTC 2011

To second the older electronics:

I maintain nearly 100 analytical instruments. The old designs(1970-late
80's) are almost all electrolytic caps and none of the caps have ever
failed. When I do find a bad cap it's always in a modern design. A high
frequency switcher with under rated caps. When i say under rated i mean
take the peak figure and multiple it by two, that's the real part value.

My opinion, bad designs.

Steve