[time-nuts] Clocking a PIC16F628A from a Rubidium Standard

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Sat Nov 26 23:31:12 UTC 2011

Sorry, Brooke-I was not clear. I meant to not connect anything to
neutral at all, but rather to depend on the ground connection already
made in the equipment for the low side of the signal, rather than a 1
meg to neutral at the plug. Sorry.
Don

Brooke Clarke
> Hi Don:
>
> Not a good idea.  There are a number of fault conditions that can cause
> Neutral to be tens of volts above ground.  Tom's
> circuit with a Meg in both the Hot and Neutral lines is much safer for
> you equipment.
>
> Have Fun,
>
> Brooke Clarke
> http://www.PRC68.com
> http://www.End2PartyGovernment.com/
>

> Don Latham wrote:
>> well, grudgingly. only need the 1 meg to the hot side of the line, no
>> connection to the neutral needed, with 1 meg in there, normal ground
>> connections are going to supply the low side...It still lurks...
>> Don
>>
>> Tom Van Baak
>>> I used to agree, until actually tried it myself. Now this is how
>>> I do my picPET 60 Hz data logging:
>>>
>>> Simple 60 Hz AC Mains Cycle Detector
>>> http://leapsecond.com/pages/ac-detect/
>>>
>>> /tvb

>>> and follow the instructions there.

"Neither the voice of authority nor the weight of reason and argument
are as significant as experiment, for thence comes quiet to the mind."
R. Bacon
"If you don't know what it is, don't poke it."
Ghost in the Shell

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLP
17850 Six Mile Road