[time-nuts] DGPS at home

ehydra ehydra at arcor.de
Mon Nov 28 18:02:18 UTC 2011

Hi Hal -

Thanks for your efforts!

I just settled down my GPS for the car on my desk (under a brick roof)
and left it over night alone. Between evening and morning I wrote 4
locations on paper and later dumped it into Google. So this is a test
case for ONE unit. It is a TomTom equipped with a SIRF3 chipset. Yes I
know this is not a statistical proven example ;-)

It shows 3 locations within 7 meters. One jumped away.

Here it is fully interactive:
http://ehydra.dyndns.info/NG/time-nuts/DGPS/GoogleMaps-Route.html

Download the file and open it LOCALLY in your Web-Browser. As far as I
figure out how Google-Maps work, then you don't need a site-key from
Google. Otherwise you can get a new key at Google.

The same as static picture:
http://ehydra.dyndns.info/NG/time-nuts/DGPS/Google-Route.jpg

Not so bad.

Maybe a SIRF4 will even better?