[time-nuts] Line Voltage frequency Interface morphed to batteries

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Tue Nov 29 04:28:09 UTC 2011

> Hey, John, got any idea of the DC to DC converter that charged that
> capacitor?

1 transistor, 1 transformer.  The photoflash cap is 80uF 330 VDC.

> What voltage did it put out?

I presume 250-300 VDC. If you really want to know I can measure it.

> Or the time it took to charge it?

Maybe 2-5 seconds.

E = 1/2 C [uF] * V [KV} * V [KV]

The energy stored is  1/2* 80 * 0.25 *0.25 = 2.5 J @ 250 VDC

An external medical defibrillator is roughly 40 to 120 J.

-John