[time-nuts] z3801a, z3805a, z3815a, z3816a, thunderbolt and thunderbolt

Justin Pinnix justin at fuzzythinking.com
Wed Nov 30 22:11:02 UTC 2011

I've done it before with the Palisade driver in non-polling mode.  It
works, but you have to rely on the timing of a serial port and apply your
best guess for a delay.  If he's trying to detect phase differences between
multiple thunderbolts, the serial port + OS combination might be too
jittery to measure that difference.

On the other hand, I suspect using a FatPPS and the ATOM driver would be
even less jittery than polling (if it worked), so maybe it's a moot point.