[time-nuts] [Solved] Looking simple temperature logging

Kevin Rosenberg kevin at rosenberg.net
Fri Oct 7 04:39:24 UTC 2011

Hi List,

Thanks for all the suggestions on monitoring temperature at the location
of the XO. A lot of fine ideas. I found a solution, not inexpensive,
at the same time tvb recommended it to me. It can be placed near
the XO, no construction needed, and continuously outputs data.

Some of the USB monitors with an external probe would work, but I
ended selecting Sparkfun's Weather Station:
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10586

So, for my son's project, he can also test whether relative humidity,
air pressure, or ambient light are correlated with XO frequency.

Lastly, it's nice that it's setup to optionally use a XBee ZB radio.
So, I bought a second one for a sheltered location outside
and will use the radio for monitoring.

Thanks to all,

Kevin