[time-nuts] Lucent RFTG-m-XO GPSDO

Peter Bell bell.peter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 14:12:47 UTC 2011

I have been playing with one of these units, and noticed that there
has been some discussion on them before on this list, so I wondered if
anyone might have any suggestions.

Basically, the unit powers up correctly, but the "No GPS" LED never
goes off - this obviously could be because it's broken or doesn't like
my antenna, but with some of these telecom GPSDOs you have to manually
trigger a site survey if you move them to another location. Does
anyone know if this Lucent box is like that?

Everything else seems to be working - once the "OK" light comes on the
15MHz output is enbled, the "No GPS" LED goes from solid to blinking
if you disconnect the antenna - it just doesn't want to get GPS lock.

I suppose I could pull the Oncore board (a UT+ according to the label)
out of it and test that on it's own - but I thiought I would see if
maybe it's a known issue first.