[time-nuts] Could someone please recommend GPIB card

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Mon Oct 10 15:48:56 UTC 2011

Talking of 82357B USB-GPIB adapter - does anyone have any experience of the Chinese clones, for example: <http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/180734845086>

Thanks
Dave
-----Original Message-----
From: time-nuts-bounces at febo.com [mailto:time-nuts-bounces at febo.com] On Behalf Of Azelio Boriani
Sent: 10 October 2011 15:03
To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Could someone please recommend GPIB card

Yes, I recommend switching to a networked GPIB interface. I have long waited to acquire a used E5810A and at last I succeeded. Of course it was not so cheap (380$) but very versatile to use. At work I use an Agilent 82357B, highly recommended. Frequently pops up on eBay, not cheap but you can find the IOAgilentSuite (free) library (to write in MicrosoftC/BorlandC your code) directly on the Agilent website.