[time-nuts] Measuring ADEV using TBolt-Tic tester

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Fri Oct 14 23:36:48 UTC 2011

HI Warren,

The attached picture shows how my Tbolt reacts in TPLL mode.  I lucked
out and got about 35 minutes without a satellite switch.  The antenna
consists of a VIC-100 + about 100 feet of RG-59 + 20db amp + HP
splitter.  No choke ring or ground plane.  The antenna has good
visibility E, W, S, and up, but it's on my balcony on the South side of
a building so there's little reception from the North.  I realize that
the big hole to the North is inherent in the GPS system.

Ed