[time-nuts] Spectracom 8182 Netclock/2

Bob Betts rwbetts at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 15 23:53:17 UTC 2011

Hello All:
I have four Netclock/2 systems (model 8182), from Spectracom, which are being modified for a switching broadcast monitor console. I'm in the process of reverse engineering the schematic, since service schematics seem to be totally unavailable. It's a time-consuming process and quite tedious. When chip numbers are erased, it gets to be even more exciting.
Anyhow, has anyone else ever done any work along this line? Maybe we can swap and combine info, or possibly someone might have an actual schematic. These were typically purchased for broadcast studios.

These are obsolete as far as the company is concerned, but they refuse to support a customer's investment with just a few sheets of paper (we bought 4 of them). They won't even supply documentation for "new" products. Maybe I'm too old fashioned, but after 48 years of manufacturing specialized comms equipment, we'll go way out of our way to support our dedicated customers ... old and new. What I do know is that I won't do business with them, again.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.
Please let me know any cost involved.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

N1KPR