[time-nuts] Cable delay correction for Tbolt Cs substitude

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 00:28:48 UTC 2011

Yes,  at one time there was some very precision surveying antennas that were temperature controlled.   I'm not sure if they were just controlling just the preamp or the whole antenna,  but I got the impression that they were controlling the temperature everything inside the "radome" package.

At one time I did some TDR measurements on a piece of coax (I think it was 100 feet of black RG59).   The day/night prop time variation was under a nanosecond.   Something tells me that the cable delay changes itself won't make any difference.