[time-nuts] Sneaky Errors

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 00:57:27 UTC 2011

As long as the Thunderbolt is working perfectly it's built in error
checking will work fine.  This should be obvious as anything that
works, works.

But I can think of plenty for failure modes where the  built in error
checking might not work.  First off there could be a software or
firmware bug or a stuck bit in a ROM.   An open conecton on a DAC,
lots of things.   The assumption has to be the "broken hardware is
totally unpredictable"   We can not know in advance what it will do
after it breaks.

I'm not saying the built-in diagnostics are useless, just that they
are never 100% reliable

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 2:18 PM, ws at Yahoo <warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Simple way is to use LadyHeather.
> From its output, you can tell if either or both are working correctly as
> well as how well they are working.
> That is assuming of course that there is at least one working GPS satellite
> in view at all times.
> If not it well tell you that also.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California