[time-nuts] Russian GPSDO

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Oct 21 05:27:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:21:31 -0700
"Tom Van Baak" <tvb at LeapSecond.com> wrote:

> I suspect the u-blox units are more concerned with quick
> acquisition time and urban coverage than they are with
> nanoseconds, but if someone knows for sure, please tell.

That's also my impression. It was only after i had a longer
discussion with one of the user support guys about the exact
specs of the 6T that they measured and provided a document
with more than just "we have 12ns jitter". Though the document
is still not what i expect, it's infinitely better than before.

Unfortunately, any questions that went more into the details
(like is it possible to replace the TCXO with an external OCXO
and where would you connect it?) were left unanswered.

But, IMHO it's not that uBlox doesn't care about high precsion
timing, but rather that they do not have any time-nut working
for them, who could guide them into the right direction.

			Attila Kinali
--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?