[time-nuts] Neutrino timing

ed breya eb at telight.com
Tue Oct 25 01:06:40 UTC 2011

Fascinating stories. It looks like they covered all the bases, so if
correct, then it should have a big impact on physics. I can only
conclude one of the following:

1. There is some undiscovered measurement error or effect that
accounts for the discrepancy.
2. The data are correct and the neutrinos can exceed c, or distort
space-time so that it appears that way.
3. Neutrinos actually do interact with matter more than supposed, and
in unusual ways. This would mean that rock would have a negative
index of refraction to neutrinos.

It's too bad the equipment has to be gigantic. If the beam line could
be built vertically, it could be fired through the entire earth
instead, to a detector on the opposite side, getting about sixteen
times more distance. I wonder what the beam dispersion is for those things.

Ed